Thursday, June 1, 2017

Spring Visit To Chatfield Hollow Farm

Chatfield Hollow Farm Bed and Breakfast is a serene and beautiful hideaway in the woods of Killingworth, Connecticut. The property is backed up to Chatfield Hollow State Park where there are many trails, a boardwalk, caves to explore, hiking trails, fishing, picnicking,  and swimming. The farm itself offers many unqiue and interesting features to explore, such as their exotic birds, massive numbers of peonies and allium, mushroom growing, campfire pit, beekeeping, hydroponics, several ponds....and more. The Inn itself is rustic and beautifully decorated.

The first time I visited the farm was when they graciously sponsored Earth Day for the community. I enjoyed it so much that I asked  if I could visit again to take more photos (when more things were in bloom) to share with others. Tema, the Innkeeper was more than happy to show me around. So...here are just a few photos of this beautiful natural setting. I love the way the Farm blends in with the nature around it and I find  their choice of what they raise and grow....just so interesting! Their medicinal gourmet mushrooms hold much promise for harmonizing the immune system and preventing and healing disease....and on top of it all they are delicious! I hear they grow ginseng also but I didn't come across it and forgot to ask about it. These mushrooms can be purchased at local farm markets.



I just loved the beehives with the lilacs so I had to take several pictures of them : > )







Amazing Peacock Feather







No comments:

Post a Comment