Saturday, September 24, 2016

Down The Lane Farm

If you are fond of  bee products (such as beauty items, honey, and candles), country crafts, antiques and  collectibles....complete with authentic  farm atmosphere.... then you must visit Down The Lane Farm at 18 Reservoir Road in Killingworth, Connecticut.

A few weeks ago a friend took me there and immediately I felt right at home! The proprietor, Maureen Alfiero, is one of the most congenial people I have ever met. Visitors will receive a warm welcome and Maureen is more than happy to answer questions about her bees and how her products are made. I had such a good time I didn't want to leave. In fact I have visited the store with other friends, several times since. The last visit was to purchase some of their delicious local honey from their bee hives. I was impressed with the "down home" feel and the eclectic selection ....a little something for everyone. For more information you can visit the farm website at www.downthelanefarm.com







    Above: Maureen and customer
Support your local bees and don't forget about the health benefits of honey and beeswax. Local honey is great for minimizing allergies when taken appropriately before the allergy season begins. Down The Lane Farm is also a great place to find unique gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment